Has anyone tried to automate linking a boom table cell to a note before using macro?
I’m trying to write a macro that does this, but to do it, you need to assemble a string with at least TABLEOBJECT ID, RECORD ID, and COLUMN ID:
How do you get these IDs, or is there a another way?
1 Answer
1
I think that’s in the note interface.
I might be wrong but there are two things with notes: a displayed value and the actual value (just like custom properties). Look for the value not the text.
Edit:
Try this: PropertyLinkedText Property (INote) - 2019 - SOLIDWORKS API Help
API says:
The string returned by this property is the unresolved string of the note. If the note has linked text, then the source of the link is returned rather than the value of the link.
Yes, this is true. I also found this, but it is not what I'm after. I want to make the note myself, so I need these ID values to construct the Link string and make the note with macro.
– KraljMatjazI'm not sure about that. You need to see if you can get those Ids from the APIs. I don't think you can. I can create a support ticket through your reseller.
– AmenJlili