How to fix Failed to obtain license for SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional. No such feature exists?

What are the possible causes of the error message: “How to fix Failed to obtain license for SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional. No such feature exists?”

Anyone has an idea how to fix it?

1 Like

I have seen this when the license manager loses its mind and deactivates all licenses. Also, when the serial numbers entered don’t exist in the SWLM registry entries.

1 Like

I noticed three things:

The license manager is not turned on on the archive server.
The license manager is showing that the all licenses are consumed. Someone needs to logout to free up a license.
Sometimes this occurs when the archiver server and SQL server are not configured properly.

Have you tried the proverbial turning it on and off again? Say removing the keys completely and adding them back.

1 Like

Well, that sounds like an issue the archive server on is the first step sorry I made the assumption it was running, when trouble shooting normally on a system I would check that.

Yup. Tried doing that too. Restarting everything and making sure we have not maxed out the available licenses seem to work.