Exporting/Extracting solidworks motion analysis applied force data to CSV/ spreadsheet

Hi, I am working on motion analysis using Solidworks motion analysis add-ins. I defined force function I applied to an assembly (i.e. applied to a surface on my assembly) using segments. Thus, I can create harmonic forces looking like trapezoids.

I want to use the force data, specifically, the data of the force applied (i.e. maybe a data point every 0.05 second), to do further analysis on Matlab. But I do not know how to export the force data as a spreadsheet or as a table with columns of time and forces. I can see there is a “save as” button at top right corner of the function builder window, but that only allows me to save as “sldfnc” file, not as a spreadsheet or csv

@Jinxed, welcome to CADOverflow and thanks for posting!

I think this example may help you in some fashion

https://help.solidworks.com/2017/English/api/swmotionstudyapi/Create_Plots_and_Get_Values_Example_VB.htm

To export the force data from Solidworks Motion Analysis for further analysis in Matlab, you may need to follow these steps:

**Export the Data from Solidworks:**
  •     Run your motion analysis simulation in Solidworks.

•     Once you have applied the force function and obtained the desired results, you need to access the force data.

•     In Solidworks, there should be an option to view the results or data from the analysis. Look for something like "Results" or "Data".

•     Once you're viewing the force data, look for an option to export it. This might be under a menu like "File" or "Export". Solidworks often provides options to export data in various formats.

When exporting, look for options to export the data enrichment in a spreadsheet format such as CSV (Comma-Separated Values) or Excel format (XLSX). This is the format you’ll need for further analysis in Matlab. Ensure that the exported data includes the time and force values. If the data export options allow you to select specific columns or parameters, make sure to include time and force.